The following are excerpts from a December 6, 2007 article appearing on CNSNews.com.
“Pelosi Urged to Condemn Open-Air SF Sex Fair”
By Randy Hall, CNSNews.com – December 6, 2007
Leaders from three pro-family groups Wednesday called on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to denounce the Folsom Street Fair – which is called “the world’s largest leather event” and is held each September in San Francisco – as a “grotesque affair” that violates laws prohibiting public nudity and child abuse.
“Because you frequently extol San Francisco’s values to the rest of America, we are compelled to call your attention to what actually takes place” at the event, wrote Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth, in a letter he hand-delivered to Pelosi’s office on Capitol Hill.
To support his perspective on the matter, LaBarbera released a six-minute DVD entitled “Tolerance Gone Wild in San Francisco” to members of the press during a news conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.
The disc contained a number of sex-related visuals, including:
* Large numbers of men walking on public streets either fully or partially naked;
* Groups of men engaging in sex acts on the street as crowds walked by and snapped pictures and police officers merely watched;
* Theatrical sadomasochistic whippings and floggings – drawing blood and turning the willing “victim’s” skin bright red;
* Flaunting of female nudity and real or simulated sexual acts;
* “Master-slave relationships” in which a man or woman “walked” a subservient “slave” with a collar and chain;
* Anti-Christian imagery in the form of the “Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence” – men dressed in drag mocking Catholic nuns – greeting incoming attendees at Folsom; and
* Young children with their parents witnessing the street scene.
In his letter to Pelosi, LaBarbera concluded by asking: “After viewing what undeniably took place at a public, outdoor event in your congressional district … we hope you will publicly disavow such conduct.
“As speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives – for all Americans – you have a national responsibility to condemn these public perversions and use your great influence to stop them from happening in the future in San Francisco,” he stated.
< end of excerpts from article >
Read the entire news article here: