[FPN] – Residents across the state of Maryland are voicing their opposition to a congressional proposal that would use taxpayer money to pay for abortions under the guise of so-called health care “reform”. Pro-family Marylanders are signing Family Policy Network’s petition urging both houses of Congress and President Obama to reject health care “reform” that provides universal abortion funding on the backs of American taxpayers.
Please OPPOSE any and all attempts to include funding and/or mandates for abortions in health care “reform” legislation.
Destroying innocent human life is not “reform” by any means. The Bible clearly states “Thou Shalt Not Murder.” Our nation should not engage in the slaughter of its citizens and I should not be forced to fund it.
Many Marylanders who signed the petition opposing taxpayer-funded abortion added their own comments to the statement above. Here is a sampling of those comments:
- Mark O. in Colora, MD writes, “A nation that exterminates its most vulnerable ceases to be a great nation.”
- Jessica D. in Jarrettsville, MD writes, “Abortion is clearly murder. A fetus develops a heart beat and the brain starts functioning between 18-22 DAYS after conception. To stop a beating heart is murder whether in the womb or not. What’s so difficult to understand about that? The thought alone of partial birth abortion makes me ill. There are thousands of barren couples who would love to adopt a baby, but selfish people decide to terminate the baby’s LIFE rather than allow it to be loved. It doesn’t make sense. I don’t support abortion so why should my tax money go toward it?”
- Nancy B. in Fallston, MD writes, “I do not want my taxes to pay for abortions or to go to Planned Parenthood.”
- Richard A. in Westminster, MD writes, “[This is] another example of the socialistic, immoral views of our supposed leaders in Washington D.C.”
- Guenter F. in Columbia, MD writes, “When God creates a soul, we are not to destroy it.”
- Aubrey B. in Cumberland, MD writes, “Shame on this nation!”
- Anonymous in La Plata, MD writes, “May God have mercy on us as a nation for all the killing of these unborn babies.”
By signing Family Policy Network’s SECURE petition, your name and contact data will be compiled with many others from all over the United States who are opposed to seeing their tax dollars fund abortion. Your petition will be automatically forwarded to your congressman, two senators and President Obama with an admonition to reject health care “reform” that includes universal, taxpayer-funded abortion.
|To sign this petition now, click here:
OPPOSE Abortion Coverage in Healthcare Reform
Thank you for your support. Let’s pray together that any proposals to include taxpayer-funded abortion in the health care bill will fail.
Family Policy Network:
URGENT: Oppose Abortion Coverage in Health Care Reform:
Family Policy Network (FPN) is an independent, national, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with board members and advisors in Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and Tennessee. The group has supporters and participants in every state in the nation.